Wednesday 5 October 2016

Friendship

The teacher asked the student , "what is friendship?" The student started to think but could not articulate her thoughts. 

"Am I your friend?", the teacher asked. "Yes of course!"  was the student's instantaneous response. "Why? I am neither your age group, nor from your walk of life and nor am I knowledge about your vocation!" The teacher's statement made the student respond with gratitude, "but you know me, my wrinkles and all!"

The teacher was smiling. "Don't you see what friendship means now? It is the coming together of two truths. The existence of transparency. The acceptance of each other's reality." 

The student smiled. She had never considered it to be so simple, yet now understood lucidity of life and friendship; never to be forgotten.

No comments: