Wednesday 14 January 2009

A Wish

As I typed, the leaf kept soothing my hand, drawing away all the tiredness. The wind blew and with that the strides of the yellow leaf became longer. In the middle of the night, the breeze and the leaf were my ticket to relaxation. I was in such bliss that it took me a while to realise, that the leaf that was bringing me so much respite, was merely stroking the reflection of my hand in the window.

The one that was far seemed so close. The one out of reach was in my grasp. And so I wonder, if only the heart’s most sincere longings could turn into reality; the world would be a much better place. With this thought I close my eyes and transit into a world of dreams. Hopefully when tomorrow comes the window will be gone and the leaf will indeed be mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow!!!very well written!!!